Are employees paid when they work off the clock after their scheduled shift ends?
- What happens if an employee responds to emails or texts after work?
- Do businesses or employers have to pay employees to answer emails or texts from home?
- Do employers or companies have to pay de minimis work time?
- Do you have to pay exempt employees (salaries) for working from home?
- Do you have to pay non-exempt employees to work from home?
- Do companies have to pay overtime to work from home?
The federal Fair Labor Standards Act addresses these issues, which requires non-exempt employees to be paid at least minimum wage (and possibly overtime) for all hours worked, regardless of where and when those hours are worked. hours are worked. The answers to these questions and many more at the federal level are contained in this episode of Employment Law After Hours. Remember to always check the specific state laws regarding employee payments in your state.
Originally published on YouTube March 14, 2022
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.